Staff Therapists: OT & PT
We have a openings to join our incredible team at Skills on the Hill. We are looking for candidates with a passion for helping children with special needs. An ideal candidate has a positive personality and can be flexible to the needs of each client. We place a strong emphasis on collaborating with other professionals and parent and/or teacher education. Candidates should be independent, dynamic, creative, organized, flexible, and energetic team players with a thirst for knowledge and desire to continue to develop clinical skills. Position involves working with children in clinic and school settings with possibility of early intervention based services.
- Degree from an accredited school or program (OT or PT)
- Current professional OT or PT license issued by the District of Columbia and/or Virginia
- Two years of experience working with children with developmental delays is preferred.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices found to benefit children
- Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills facilitating high quality of care
- Customer service orientated and professional attitude required
- Candidate should demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups
- Must relate well to children and their families
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and use of iPad
- Valid CPR/First Aid certification
- Ability to pass basic drug screening
Role of OT/PT at Skills on the Hill, LLC
- Provide client-based treatment
- Provide ongoing parent/family/teacher education
- Plan individual treatment programs based on client’s needs and adjust as needed
- Administer standardized assessments and clinical observations for evaluating clients
- Knowledge of sensory integration theory and practice
- Promote developmentally appropriate skills in areas of fine/visual motor, feeding, self-help, and social-emotional development
- Engage children in activities to reduce behaviors that may interfere with learning and cognitive functioning
Our practice specializes in working with children who have the following diagnoses
- Feeding difficulties / oral motor delays
- Sensory processing and motor planning difficulties
- Praxis issues
- Global developmental delays
- Neuromuscular impairments
- Genetic disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Visual motor and perceptual deficits
- Competitive Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance with optional dental and vision benefits
- Continuing education credit
- Travel reimbursement
- Short term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 401 K with employer matching
- Ongoing mentoring and weekly staff meetings for clinical growth, skill development, and collaboration
Please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com to set up an interview.
Salary & benefits
Full time, medical benefits available (optional dental/vision), paid vacation, short term disability, long term disability, 401k & matching after 6 months, salary commensurate with experience
Schedule patients, obtain intake paper work from patients, upload/organize patient records on EMR
Handle new patient Inquiries, serve as first point of contact to inquiries via phone and email, respond to messages, schedule intake calls
Must be able to use: MS Word, Quickbooks, Excel, Office 365, familiarity with EMR type programs a plus.
Must be: flexible, have strong communication skills, have efficient time management skills, able to prioritize and problem solve, able to make decisions, intuitive and have good judgement, trustworthy, organized, and willing to learn new things.
We have a dynamic, outgoing, and energetic staff that gets along well with one another. We serve children who have disabilities so any experience with interacting with children is a plus.
Skills on the Hill is growing! Join our team to become a part of the expansion!!!
Skills on the Hill is able to accommodate graduate students for internships. Opportunities are competitive and limited and require a phone and/or in-person interview. Please email your resume, cover letter, and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the application process.
Skills on the Hill welcomes volunteers! Time spent goes toward “observation hours” when applying to a graduate program or for high school community service hours. Opportunities are limited. Application requires an interview. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.