Handwriting Basics :: Back to School Prep
Time & Location
About the Event
By popular demand - our therapists are back with a presentation packed full of great information to help our parents prepare for the virtual learning school season! Skills OTs have teamed up this Friday for an interactive discussion about how to make handwriting and desktop tasks less stressful and more fruitful using hands on and easy to learn techniques to support your child's fine and visual motor skill development.
Please join us this Friday, 8/28 @ 1pm. We have survived the summer and we are prepared to tackle the challenges of our new normal - let us share our tools with you. Click here to learn more and register today!
Get your questions answered (and more):
- I can't get my child to sit still to write anything! What advice do you have to help her focus?
- Should we focus on handwriting if my child is typing all of his assignments?
- Is my child delayed? Should my 4 year old be able to write her name already?
- How often should we practice handwriting?
- Why aren't schools teaching cursive? Is this important?
- What's the difference between having sloppy handwriting and having handwriting delays? What is considered normal?
- How do I know if his pencil grip is good or bad?
- She complains her hands hurt after less than 5 minutes of writing. How can I build her endurance?
- Is it ok to practice handwriting away from the table?
- ...and what does any of this have to do with sensory processing anyway?