Picky Eaters and Problem Feeders
Time & Location
About the Event
This lunchtime webinar will provide information related the underlying skills necessary for eating (did you know that there are actually 32 steps to eating?!) and some of the common underlying reasons that children have feeding challenges, especially during this time of immense anxiety in our society. The discussion will also highlight differences between picky eating and problem feeding as well as common red flags that would warrant referral to a feeding therapist. learn about tips increase food variety, strengthen a child's relationship with food, and reduce family stress around mealtimes!
Grace has 8 years of experience as a pediatric occupational therapist. She has specialized training in sensory integration and has completed the Sequential-Oral-Sensory approach to feeding comprehensive training.
Get your questions answered (and more!):
- How the does environment impact mealtimes?
- What does the research say about how children become picky eaters? What are the early signs this may become a problem?
- How does sensory processing impact feeding?
- When is picky eating a problem?
- How do motor skills impact feeding?