- This event has passed.
Surviving Summer: The Power in Play | Promoting Flexibility Through Play
July 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Skills on the Hill is your leading partner in all things childhood development & pediatric therapy. Stay connected – new parent ed series!
About this Event
Summer is here! The days are longer and nights are warmer. Time for popsicles, water play and outdoor activities. However, the stress of social distancing and upended summer plans continues to persist. Skills on the Hill is here to support you weekly as you manage the delicate balancing act of keeping safe and healthy while keeping your child socially connected and tuned in. 2020 has been quite the roller coaster – SOTH is here to help.
Our third session, The Power in PLAY – Promoting Flexibility & Creativity Through Play, will give you foundational knowledge in the development of play skills and why this area of development at any age is so important for our children. Achieve closer connection with your child, encourage enhanced creativity and teach your child how to think out of the box as they explore their big world! We hope you join us for this special Surviving Summer presentation. This session is suited for parents of children of all ages and ability levels!
Get your questions answered (and more!):
- How can I support my child to play using a variety of activities and tools?
- Why won’t my child play on his or her own? He can never seem to think of his own ideas.
- My kid seems stuck! We play the same games over and over and over. Is this ok?
- What advice do you have for my child that can’t play with other children her age?
- Shouldn’t my child be moving past this play stage? He won’t try anything new.