Friday, April 17 – Sunday, April 19, 9AM-5PM each day
Skills on the Hill VA, 2301 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204, Suite 125
$695. Includes 3-day training, books & materials, exam review & certification (submitted after the course), one year membership with Infant Massage USA.
What can I expect from this event?
The Infant Massage USA® Program
- Brings knowledge into practice using the coaching method and reflective practice.
- Skills are learned and developed during three parent/baby sessions while under a skilled trainer and throughout the training.
- The Infant Massage USA®/ protocol supports the Strengthening Families Five Protective Factors.
- Has been recognized by health and child development experts as the highest quality program of its kind (Underdown & Barlow 2011).
- Healthy Start Coalition Miami-Dade encourages and supports its field staff to become Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM).
Students learn to model massage strokes using a doll while coaching parents with their babies.
- This encourages parent/infant communication to support infant and parent mental health
- Gentle Movement activities are learned to enhance infant brain development
Additional adaptions are learned to support parents with:
- babies with special needs
- babies born premature, (which support NIDCAP principles).
- their growing child
- babies who are fussy, gassy or colicky
The Infant Massage USA® protocol can help:
- reduce stress for baby and parent
- reduce adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- help babies sleep better,
- stimulate early brain development.
- dads feel more connected.
Enjoy this Ted Talk with Vonda Jump.
How to earn your certification
- Attend the in-depth three-day training.
- Complete a take-home exam.
- Teach five parents to massage their babies in a five week class following the training.
What people are saying!
This is simply a fantastic tool to share with parents to add to their toolbox. Emily R, DC
Lin is absolutely incredible! She supported us in everything and truly inspired me to want to do this with everyone. Helen, T, Leesburg, VA
It was awesome – so worth four days. Donna R, Baltimore, MD
Linda is wonderful. She shares meaningful stories that relate to theory and practice. She is engaging and interactive with her students. Yelena S, Gainesville, GA
I’ve taken many continuing education courses in the past, most of which have been 2 or 3 day courses, and the infant massage class was by far one of the best courses I’ve taken and the 4 days flew by so quickly. Debra A, Richmond, VA
Linda Storm has been conducting trainings for over 14 years and worked with thousands of students and educators. Learn more about Linda at www.touchforlife.org.
Please contact Paige Brown with any questions about the training at email@example.com.